Monday, October 7, 2013

LBD #2---- "KNOT" Dress

                                                    

                                                            VOGUE 1359


This is the day that the Fabric Mart entries with a "Little Black Dress" theme are due and there have already been some awesome ones put up on the different contestants' blogs.  Can't wait to see them all either later today or tomorrow!

Though eliminated from the contest last week, I am continuing to sew and really enjoying it more without the time crunch (maybe I'm too old to take the stress!).   In fact I am sewing up several different LBD's with fabric and patterns in my stash.

This is my version of Vogue 1359 which I call the "Knot" dress, because it actually has a knot tied with the 2 front skirt pieces after they are partially sewn to the bodice front.  What a difference it makes in an otherwise pretty plain dress!

Luckily I had attempted a WAISTLINE in one of the other contest challenges so knew exactly how to alter the pattern so the KNOT would hit me at the waist and not on the ribs!  The pattern instructions suggest you "adjust the fullness of the knot", which I followed with plenty to hand-tacking.


I had decided when I was chosen as a contestant that I would try to really "up" my sewing and finishing techniques in an attempt to make the inside look as finished as the outside. I am continuing to strive for this and added a full lining and Hong Kong seam finishes with China silk.
This dress was really quite simple to make once I figured out how to tie the knot.   I have a couple more LBD's waiting in the wings so Stay Tuned!














13 comments:

  1. Another pretty dress! I admire those seam finishes and how quickly you are making these adventurous patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The details! Love love love them! It really makes this gorgeous dress extra special. I'm excited to see more of your LBDs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Wish I had your sewing mojo right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The knot looks good and the skirt that is below the knot is beautiful! What an interesting dress! Looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great dress! cool inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very cute dress, Peggy! And the fit is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow -- check out that lining! That would make me happy just to know it was there inside the dress. (Perhaps a good dress for a typically awful Wednesday...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, your dress is beautifully made. I've always wanted to try this pattern. This looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous dress! It is very beautiful inside as well as out. How elegant you look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love. You look amazing in that dress!

    ReplyDelete