Thursday, February 24, 2011

Another Re-Made Tee

As I make new spring clothes for the Me-Made-March challenge next month I'm trying to make at least every other item a reconstruction, either from something I already own or something I got at the thrift store. The shirt I just finished was from a gigantic XXL man's orange polo shirt that I found on the Walmart sale table for $3.    The color struck me as something I could wear with my new Marcy Tilton brown pants (Vogue 8395) so I cut it up, added odds and ends of fabric I had lying around and here is the result.

You can see that one sleeve is made from left-over fabric from the Vogue 1219 dress I just completed


And from these items from the Thrift store I'm using for "trims"


Here's a back view where you can see the side gusset I used

 It's so much fun to "remake" clothes and certainly much faster!  Next though, I MUST make the new Marcy Tilton top pattern, Vogue 8709.                                                                          
                                                                                               
                                                                

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are having so much fun, Peggy! I'm jealous. :) That second outfit is so cute and spring-y!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to find you have a blog. I love all the stuff you've put on PatternReview.com and look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love LOVE how you pulled the pieces together for that top! Inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog - I love your style! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete