Wednesday, July 8, 2015


I chose this new pattern designed by Marcy Tilton for this week's new dress.
Marcy has written a very helpful post on her blog on different aspects of this pattern, including how to add sleeves, which I will probably do on my next version.Marcy's blog

 The big change I made when cutting out the pattern was to add 4 inches in the body length. I did this by taping all the upper bodice pattern pieces together and then cutting a horizontal line through the whole front and back in the usual manner of lengthening. This meant that both the front and back would be cut all in one piece, which was okay with me as I knew there would be lots of contrast on the bottom

I ended up piecing some of the bottom pieces as I didn't have enough fabric other wise. I really like the contrast and complexity this caused on the bottom owf the dress.
This is one of my favorite dresses that I have made and I definitely plan on making it usual, WELL DONE MARCY!