Saturday, August 6, 2016

Scenes from Stitches Chicago. Day 3

My last day at Stitches, although it will go on one more day without me. I wore a skirt I knitted from a "Maggi-knits" dress kit. Maggi Jackson is an Irish designer and completely original with her asymmetrical and artistic designs. I also love her yarns, especially the linen and wool tweeds.

Here are some of her wonderful designs that I saw on people today:














In no particular order here are other knitted and crocheted items that caught my eye today at the market and tonight at the dinner. Note the charming lady in the hat...she doesn't have a knitted item on now but is learning to knit and will have a large red Lacey shawl on with her outfit at next year's convention. I can't wait to come back to Stitches Midwest the first week of August, 2017!











4 comments:

  1. Wow, a lot of eye candy in this post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful garments on these 3 posts. Thank you so much for sharing! You have been busy with those needles yourself! Gorgeous things you have made. Can't wait to see what you create next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your grey hair – beautiful! In Pix 9 and 19 – would those little squares have been made separately and then sewn together ...or?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She told me it is a Koigu pattern and I am pretty sure you make a square and then pick up stitches along the edge for the next one...so no nasty sewing together at the end!

      Delete