Monday, January 26, 2015

Knitting Star tour stop #2

After seeing my favorite knit wear designer STEPHEN WEST last weekend in New York I decided to go to his next tour stop in Baltimore yesterday, at Woolstock yarn shop. He and knit designer StevenB will be touring the East Coast for 4-5 weeks, and I am trying to hit as many venues as possible, wearing a sweater he designed at each. Going to these "fashion shows" is great fun, and one of the best parts is meeting other Knitters who like his unusual designs!

Here I am in his newly knitted "Royally Striped" vest. It was so challenging and fun to knit, with stripes going all which ways, like a puzzle!
Here  I am with Stephen himself!

And here he is with his fellow designer Steven Berg (thus the "Stephen and Steven Tour)
He is wearing the sweater design in this one that I am working on for his next tour stop!

Strangely, I had more comments from other knitters there on the rest of my outfit and questions as to how I found things to coordinate.  Of course you readers that are sewers will realize that I sewed all the other items I am wearing.  I took my yarns to FABRIC MART (the actual store, not the website) and was able to find all these great knits.....the 3 tops are just basic tee shirts, each cut a little longer than the next (an idea from a Marcy Tilton pattern) and the pants are Vogue 8859, a Marcy design. Purse is from Icon and the blue streak in my hair is temporary!

Back to my knitting so I can turn up at their next stop in Alexandria, VA  at Fiber Space Yarn shop for their Saturday trunk "Show and Tell" and meet more knitters who love challenging and wild designs.....hope to see some of you there!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous outfit! You are just knitting up a storm! Sounds like you are having a ball (no pun intended)--keep it up and keep reporting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yep, don't know when I have had so much fun!

      Delete
  2. Just an amazing sweater and outfit!Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sweater! It looks perfect with the rest of the layers. So fun when you can knit and sew and make a great outfit, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete