Monday, December 24, 2012

"Pattern Magic" for the Holidays


Since I have all my holiday fabrics out,  I decided to sew one more thing with them from my "Pattern Magic Stretch Fabric" book.    This one is called "Crescent Moon" and is related to the one I just made called "Full Moon" in that it is made from 2 circles of fabric.      However in this version the 2 fabrics are different colors and it is put together differently.    
            
Here are the pattern pieces and made-up version from the book. As you can see there are 2 offset holes, one for the head and one for the waist. The circles are sewn together  with 2 openings in the outside circle for the arms.


  Here are my unsewn pattern circles and how it looks on my half-scale model.

And here is MY version.  It can really look different depending on how it is twisted when worn and is a very comfortable extra layer for a casual holiday look.


On a more traditional note I made the long version of Vogue 8422 to go in my holiday "collection"  . It is out of print so I can't find a pattern picture but it is 3 versions of a wrapped tunic.  I decided to try the longest version and like wearing it with my skinniest pants.

That definitely is the END of my holiday sewing!   Well, except for a New Year's oufit I have in mind. |As always, more later!

6 comments:

  1. Love these tops you've been making from Pattern Magic--you really wear these styles well. Looking forward to seeing the New Year's outfit! Hope you have lovely holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that! Maybe there is one in my Christmas future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Pattern Magic tops are really great! So hard to tell from the book whether or not they are wearable but you prove they can actually work. And I love the Vogue wrap top, especially the hem!

    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is too fun! I love it! Merry Christmas to you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, as usual!!! Looks like a lot of fun to sew, and wear...Merry Christmas...J

    ReplyDelete
  6. That PM top does look great and so festive! The tunic is lovely too. Merry Christmas -- although its boxing day now here in Oz ;)

    ReplyDelete