Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Crochet on the Runways

I can't believe it's been over a year since I had the wonderful visit and fabric shopping trip with Shams, Carolyn and Noile.   I see by their blogs that they are all still sewing wonderful things. Even though I don't comment much I love reading what they and you other bloggers are sewing!

 ME? I've only been sewing enough to make outfits to go with my new love--CROCHET.  I've known how to crochet for ages but have freshened up my skills since I see it everywhere in the new collections this spring.    Here are some of my creations:

I made a long black dress to wear under this crocheted skirt so there wouldn't be an extra slip layer.


I did make the Sewing Workshop Hudson pants and top to go with my crocheted assymetrical sweater.


I made this skirt as a joke for my friend Diane (a professional knitter)  to show her that crocheted "Granny Squares" can be trendy too!


I made another SW outfit to go under this crocheted sweater and purse.

My next endeavor with my hook will be to try to copy some pricey Missoni crocheted skirts that I've seen  so stay tuned and keep sewing, knitting and crocheting!  It's all Good!                                                             
                                                                               
                                                               

7 comments:

  1. It's so great to see what you are doing! Whether you are sewing, knitting or crocheting, you have the most delightful sense of color--I love looking at your photos. Do you make your own jewelry as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much KC---yep, I try to make most of my own jewelry--the necklaces shown here are cut-up and painted flip-flops.
    Looking forward to see you in Me-Made-May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that you are now crocheting such wonderful garments! Color me envious! And now I know why I'm feeling the need to stay home and sew this year because it was a year ago that I was out with you, Shams and Noile buying amazing fabric and having a wonderful adventure. Thanks again for hosting us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear from you, Peggy, and to see the great things you are making. Yup, I was also just musing about our fun trip of a year ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peggy I love how you've styled these looks!

    I remember making and wearing crochet garments that were all the rage when I was in college in the 70's - now they call the look "boho". I have a favorite warm brown crochet coat/duster with large scallops around all the edges that's over 20 years old and still stylin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hummmm!!! I think I really like that granny square skirt. Soo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that granny square skirt too! and the palette for the orange jacket__ springy!

    ReplyDelete