Friday, September 23, 2016

Scenes from Stitches Texas....Friday

I am having a great time here at Stitches in Dallas!
The high point of today for me was going to Candace Strick's presentation on her new book. I have knitted 3 of the skirts from this wonderful book and wore this one today.
I hope to show that skirts can look good on a large person and this book gives all the tips and tricks to make them fit great on any size. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of Candace but she was wearing a beautiful skirt called "the Mummy Skirt" made out of pure linen. She explained how knitters think linen is too stiff and rough but after a good machine wash and dry it drapes beautifully.

As usual I saw some lovely knitted and crocheted items while shopping in the market and here are some that caught my eye.




















No comments:

Post a Comment