Thursday, December 31, 2015

Knitting took over!

I have been absent from the blogging world since my flurry of sewing last summer. Thanks to you that have asked what happened!
Well, I joined a group on Ravelry.com (THE website for knitters and crocheters) that took the challenge to make 12 new sweaters this year. I met my goal just today when I finished my 12th item--
This first picture which is a sweater dress I planned to wear to a New Year's dinner tonight.

Here are all 12 of this year's projects, mostly knitted with some crochet and other techniques. In most cases I did sew the outfits to go with each new sweater. This was such a fun yearlong project that I plan to take the same challenge in 2016, maybe even going to the next level of completing 16 projects. I Will be starting my first project after midnight! Happy New Year and hope to be showing you my knitting this year (and probably some sewing too)






















10 comments:

  1. Yowza! Some lovely knitted items there. Talent + energy + focus + color courage = a year's memorable work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing collection! I love all the different patterns you chose and the beautiful and funky items you've created. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! MY! GOSH! What an undertaking AND what an accomplishment! I did well to complete a knit sweater in 2015 that I started in 2014.......LOL They are all works of art and just beautiful. Hope to hear from you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are back. I have always enjoyed your blog and I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have been busy! Some fun garments there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular! Glad to see what you've been up to....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! These are all beautiful. You are an amazing, creative fabric artist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stumbled across your blog when googling images for a Vogue pattern that I have. You appear to be the only person that has made it and posted pictures. Anyway, I enjoyed looking at your blog, and I hope you'll be posting something new soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and hope you make the vogue pattern!

      Delete