Saturday, September 6, 2014

ORIGAMI top from Butterick

I have fallen in love with the work of designer Katherine Tilton. I have also loved the patterns of her sister Marcy, who designs for Vogtue and have just about all their patterns.   The 3 new ones by Katherine in the Butterick line are really awesome.
I just finished Butterick 6101 and am amazed at the complicated and good looking top pattern that resulted.
As you can see in the line drawings it is completely asymmetrical and it is very hard to figure out what the pattern pieces looks like.
The only hints I can give for making up this pattern is to read the directions carefully! I just took it one step at a time, not knowing exactly what I was sewing to what, but it all came out perfectly at the end. Katherine is definitely a genius at pattern design and I am starting her other two in this collection right away.

More pics from different angles:
The back is almost "normal"!    Be back soon!

12 comments:

  1. I love the fabric you used for this! And also your big necklace:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I have had this fabric (cotton knit) around for years and had almost given up on ever using it....without being broken up those dark lines are too much. The necklace I made from curtain rings.

      Delete
  2. That pattern and resulting tunic has your name written all over it! I have most of the Tilton patterns, but not that one. May have to get it (if it still in print--somehow I don't remember it) and give it a whirl. Look forward to the next one that will come from your sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are in luck....this pattern was introduced in the latest Butterick catalog and is often on sale!

      Delete
  3. I love your fabric choice and it turned out beautifully. I have this pattern in queue to be made. I still have to decide on a fabric though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style. This top is very flattering on you and looks fun and comfortable too. I was not really inspired by the pattern envelope, but seeing your version, I am definitely making this one in linen or knit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just perfect for you-perhaps a new career as a model for Katherine's designs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! those colors look great on you!

    Rose in SV

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peg, I love what you did!

    I've been trying to email you but aol is refusing to deliver the emails. I've been 'rejected' 3 times now so I thought I'd try this. You can always email me through my website..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I am honored to have a "thumbs up" from the designer herself. I am looking forward to making the jacket and bag soon.

      Delete
  8. Fabulous, Peg, and so you!!! I have this pattern, but am not sure if it will work on me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this pattern! Looks so good on you! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete