I haven't been sewing much in the last months but have been working on a complex knitting project which I finally have finished and photographed. This dress was in the spring edition of Vogue Knitting and involved over 50 different sized pieces with different lace patterns on each of them.
Here are pictures of my progress and the original model from the pattern magazine:
I used free-form crochet to put the pieces together and fill out areas where I needed more lace.
I sewed a dress out of knit fabric to go underneathe and give the lace some much needed support.
The only fitting item I didn't take into account was the fact that most of the lace pieces are on the bias and it became quite long, thus the belt in some of the pics!
I am getting back in the sewing mood with the fall season approaching and will be back soon with some of the new Vogue patterns I want to make!