After much thinking I've begun work again on my entry to the Pattern Review "Knock-Off Contest" in which I will attempt to copy this design
. After my last entry, when I was able to reproduce the asymmetric neck and shoulder line, I decided to put that part of the pattern aside and work on the drape on the left side of the dress and began thinking how it could be done.
Using a basic 1 piece dress pattern (Butterick 5211) I first attempted to make one side "drape" by enlarging the pattern on the side like this (dotted lines)
I've decided I need to make an inset on the left side of the pattern like the inspiration design has. I will cut out an inset like this
Then, after adding seam allowances and careful markings to each piece I will "slash and spread" the pattern on the light blue lines. This will hopefully give me the "drape" I want on that left side . Stay tuned for my next muslin attempt in this "knock-off" contest----I having SO much FUN!!